ESET Anti-Theft - Worst for those who steals!

I've had the ESET software for some months now, and thought I would tell a little something about the new feature to the ESET Smart Security 6 - Anti-Theft.
Its a neet little feature, where you can activate a little tracker device thingy, and then keep track of your computer, if stolen. Yea, I know, a lot of software programmes can do this, but ESET takes it to another lvl. It wants you to create a Phantom Account, which will be the only accesable account. It would not have any code, therefore be the one the theft would use, also, if you changes your computerstatus to "missing" on the Anti-Theft website: my.eset.com, your computeraccount will be blocked, and the computer will start taking photos with the webcam, screenshots and tracking movements.
You can even test if this works, after creating your account and setting up anti-theft on your computer.

The website is very easy to use, and great innovating design.
If you dont want the phantom account, you can still use the anti-theft programme! So its not that you have to make some random account to your computer, that you never uses urself. So its really simple, and lets YOU make all the choices.

The site even tracks your current ESET license, and tells you, if you need to buy a new license or not.

What I want?
I would like to see some more features, and get my gaming computer on it too, and not just my laptop. For now, I have my gaming pc on it, but it still shows as a laptop in settings, which is kinda annoying. Its like, ESET never thought about a PC getting stolen too, cause it does happends, sometimes, I know, its easier to steal laptops, but I thing the PC is on its way back, why I think this should be added too.
I would also like to see a better track of location. Mine doesn't work, not for my PC, not for my laptop. Not sure why. Hoping it will get fixed in future updates!

Kommentarer

Populære opslag fra denne blog

How to get your TV recordings onto your computer.

ESET Mobile Security v3 Beta review!

Logitech G502 X Lightspeed review - Den bedste mus, bare trådløs!